Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
This recipe is adapted from Kristina Risola.
4 cups frozen triple berry (raspberry, blueberry, blackberry) mix (Costco)
3/4 cup tigernut flour
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place the fruit in two individual sized glass dishes (3×5, 2 cups of fruit in each). This allows for the most crumble on the berries. You can also make in an 8×8 pan and have less crumble or make more crumble.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients (except berries) together until combined. If it is dry add a little more applesauce or water. Spread the crumble over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is brown. Serve warm.
- You can make this ahead and then put it in the oven to warm when you want to eat it. As long as it doesn’t burn, the extra time does not affect the taste.
- This can also be made into an apple crisp. Peel and chop apples, I prefer a softer red apple (MacIntosh or Spartan), into bite sized pieces (about 1 apple per 3×5 dish), put in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with cinnamon. Then add the crumble on top and bake for the same amount of time.