The Best Instant Pot Cherry Cobbler is made with yellow cake mix, cherry filling and a dash of amaretto to really bring out the cherry flavor.
INSTANT POT CHERRY COBBLER
One of my favorite flavors of cobbler is cherry cobbler. I just love anything cherry! This cobbler is adapted from my CHERRY DUMP CAKE RECIPE. I just kicked it up a notch by adding a touch of amaretto for a more grown-up flavor.
WHAT IS AMARETTO? CAN I LEAVE IT OUT?
- Amaretto is a sweet Italian liqueur. You usually see it sold under the brand name of “Disaronno”. It is basically a sweet almond-flavored alcoholic beverage. Did you know that the difference between liqueur and liquor is that liqueur is an inherently sweet distilled alcohol and liquor is an inherently unsweet distilled alcohol. So if you see “liqueur” on any alcoholic drink label, you will know it will be on the sweet side.
- You can absolutely leave the amaretto liqueur out of this recipe and just use the almond extract. It will still taste fabulous!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS DELICIOUS INSTANT POT COBBLER
- This recipe is extremely versatile. Try switching up the cake and pie filling flavors. The cherry pie filling goes wonderfully with chocolate cake mix as well. Or perhaps try peach pie filling with a butter pecan cake mix. The possibilities are nearly endless!
- As I stated above, the amaretto is optional and so is the cinnamon in this recipe. I do highly recommend keeping the almond extract though. It really deepens the flavor of the cherry pie filling.
- Use real butter, not margarine.
- If you want a crispier topping, pop your dish into the oven and under the broiler for just a few minutes to brown it and crisp it up some.
cherry pie filling
amaretto liqueur (optional)
yellow cake mix
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST INSTANT POT CHERRY COBBLER:
In a small bowl, mix cherry pie filling and amaretto. Pour into a 7” pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix yellow cake mix, brown sugar, almond, vanilla, and butter until the mix becomes clumpy. Sprinkle cake mix mixture evenly over the top of the cherry filling. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon over the top.Cover the cobbler with foil. Add 1 ½ cups of water to the instant pot. Lower the cobbler inside using a sling. Seal and set to high pressure for 15 minutes.
Allow natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release remaining steam. (Optional) Uncover the cobbler and place in the oven at 375F degrees for 5 minutes.Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
THE BEST BLUEBERRY COBBLER RECIPE
CHERRY ALMOND POKE CAKE
PEACH BLUEBERRY COBBLER
CRESCENT CHERRY CHEESECAKE COBBLER
DELICIOUS PEACH COBBLER CAKE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COBBLER
HOMEMADE BANANA BREAD COBBLER
JIFFY SKILLET CHERRY COBBLER
THE BEST INSTANT POT CHERRY COBBLER
- 6-quart pressure cooker
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur (optional)
- 1 (15.25 oz) box yellow cake mix
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix cherry pie filling and amaretto. Pour into a well greased 7” pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix yellow cake mix, brown sugar, almond, vanilla, and butter until the mix becomes clumpy.
- Sprinkle cake mix mixture evenly on top of the cherry pie filling. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
- Cover the cobbler with foil. Add 1 ½ cups of water to the bottom of a 6-quart instant pot. Lower the cobbler inside using a sling.
- Seal and set to high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining steam.
- (Optional) Uncover the cobbler and place in the oven at 375* for 5 minutes to crisp up the cobbler.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!