Fruit Pizza is not only delicious but it’s pretty too. A soft sugar cookie crust topped with a sweet cream cheese mixture and fresh fruit. Drizzle with some white chocolate for the finishing touch.
We love fruit for dessert and one of our favorite ways to enjoy fruit is on a fruit topped Pavlova. It’s another pretty and delicious dessert. If bananas are your favorite be sure and try this Banana Fosters Trifle. And we love using fresh peaches to make this peach crisp.
One of the best things about living in Oregon is berry season. We start with strawberry season and move quickly into raspberry season which is followed closely by blueberry and black berry season. I know you can get berries in the grocery store year round thanks to places like Mexico and California but there is nothing like a fresh, locally grown Oregon berry! Yum!
Sugar Cookie Fruit Tart
I was asked to make dessert for a women’s meeting at church last week and was asked to bring something “healthy”. Well, healthy and dessert don’t go together too well in my book. I decided that fruit was healthy so as long as the dessert had fruit in it I was safe!
A fruit tart has lots of fruit. It also has cookie dough and cream cheese but it was hiding underneath the fruit so I figured maybe no one would notice!
How to Make a Fruit Pizza
- Start with a tube of store bought sugar cookie dough which you can find in the refrigerated section of the store. It makes this dessert quick and easy. If you prefer to make homemade sugar cookie dough I recommend using this recipe.
- Spread dough onto a baking sheet into a 12 inch circle. You can use a round pizza pan if you have one. The dough will be thin but that’s o.k. because it will puff up when it bakes. I like to line my baking sheet with parchment paper so I can easily lift off the fruit pizza and place it on a serving plate. If I am making it on a pizza pan, I just serve it right from the pizza pan. If you prefer, you can shape it into a rectangle like I did here.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 11-14 minutes. I like to slightly underbake the sugar cookie crust so the fruit pizza is nice and soft.
Fruit Pizza Topping
- After baking you cover it with a lovely mixture of cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and a little lemon juice.
- Wash and slice your fruit. You can use whatever fruit you like. Berries work well, oranges, kiwi, bananas or peaches. Get creative! You can match the fruit to the color scheme of the party or whatever is in season! I went for strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and mandarin oranges. Pretty!!
- Drizzle with some melted white chocolate for the final touch. It makes it look extra fancy and taste good too. Of course if you are looking for a healthy dessert, leave the chocolate off – ha ha!
It just made it extra pretty with a white chocolate drizzle and I think white chocolate just makes everything better.
This sugar cookie fruit tart is not only pretty but so delicious too. Perfect for a summer BBQ, a dinner party, or just because!
Some of our other favorite summer dessert ideas include:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Fruit Pizza Recipe
- 1 16.5 oz. sugar cookie dough
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 cups Strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 cup Mandarin Oranges
- White chocolate melted and drizzled
- Press cookie dough into a 12 inch round pizza pan, as evenly as possible. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-14 minutes.
- Cool crust.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Spread on the top of cooled crust.
- Add sliced fruit in a pretty pattern.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over fruit. Enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated if not serving immediately
Originally posted June 1, 2011
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, party ideas and travel tips and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Continue reading Fruit Pizza. This post is from Your Homebased Mom. If you are not reading it from our feed, it has been STOLEN. Please contact Leigh Anne to let us know. Enjoy the posts.
Leave a comment