Hi guys! These Blueberry Lemon Pancakes will be your answer to all your gourmet breakfast cravings. This batter can be made without the blueberries and lemon also. Just add chocolate chips and enjoy beautiful chocolate chips pancakes.
If you’re using frozen blueberries just remember to soak them in room temperature water for 5-6 minutes before adding to the batter.
What you’ll need-
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-2 tbsp butter or oil for cooking the batter
What to do-
- In a large bowl sieve and whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, butter, and fresh lemon juice.
- Quickly with a spatula add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. (Batter can be quite thick but make sure there are no lumps).
- When you’re ready to make the pancakes, heat a large skillet over medium heat with about 1/2 tbsp of butter in it and mix the blueberries carefully into the batter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop batter into skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat for however many pancakes you want.
- You can store the batter in an airtight container for upto 24 hours, in the refrigerator.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and drizzle some maple syrup or honey if required.