Use this 7 day anti-inflammatory diet kick start or reset guide to learn what foods can help reduce the inflammation in your body. Plus, we have a shopping list, meal plan with recipes to use, and meal prepprizes too!
Hello friends! Hope you have recovered from a fabulous holiday and New Years celebration! Were back and kicking off January with yet another meal plan. Anti-inflammatory meal plan, or action plan to be exact. Ease into this new year with a refreshed and nourished focus! Focus on those every day small victories; those small victories will lead to you feeling better and making big changes!
Before we begin!
Important: This plan is meant to be used as an educational guide and is not tailored to one specific gender/age/weight. So, please keep that in mind. Also, I recommend finding out what your caloric needs are first, whether that be through a dietitian or an estimate HERE. After you have the information, adjust portion sizes to your needs.
For Example A 30 year active male who lifts weights and works out a lot will need more calories to sustain health and vitality than a 39 year old lightly active woman. This plan isnt focused on tracking calories, but if you must, you may track the calories through My Fitness Pal.
Now! Grab a pin and paper, or print off this post! Youll want to highlight things. PDF of ALL RECIPES and GROCERY LIST at bottom.
Primary goals for the anti-inflammatory diet kick start
- Nourish your body and mind.
- Slow down and enjoy eating real food.
- Learn what foods help you feel your best.
- Find your favorite go-to recipes that can help reduce your inflammation
- Reset your mind and find your why > Ask yourself What are my intentions for my health?
My Top 7 Anti-inflammatory Rich Foods + and printable below!
- Coffee or Green Tea (organic)
- Omega 3 fats Wild caught Salmon, flaxseed, walnuts, sardines.
- Leafy Greens Kale, spinach, swiss chard
- Purple Produce Red cabbage, cherries, beets, berries
- Coconut oil unrefined (MCT)
Foods to eat LESS of (to reduce inflammation)
- Processed meats
- Refined sugar (white sugar) and carbs
- Fried foods
- Trans fats margarine or shortening
- Refined vegetable oils canola oil, soybean oil, safflower oil, corn oil
- Soda and diet soda
Anti-Inflammatory Diet Kick Start Menu Plan
You will find a printable menu plan to fill out below and a PDF of linked recipes HERE.
Choose one breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack option each day, for 7 days. Please note that you can make the same meal more than one time to create 7 days! Or select something different every day. The decision is completely up to you!
The sample plan below is for a WEEK OF ANTI-INFLAMMATORY RICH MEALS, not including weekends, so feel free to repeat.
Recipe Links and more options for this plan! NOTE: Items in italics are nightshade-free.
1 cup coconut-based yogurt OR kefir yogurt (plain) with 2 tsp honey and a pinch of cinnamon swirled in, PLUS 1 cup fresh berries, AND 1 ounce grain free granola (low fodmap)
Bone Broth Latte Optional food: 1/2 avocado with black pepper, sea salt, diced cucumber, radish, and red onion on top.
Turmeric Pineapple Shrub Morning Cocktail PLUS 2 eggs fried in 2 tsp clarified butter or naturally refined coconut oil. Optional: 1/2 avocado
Turmeric tea lattewith cinnamon roasted squash
For the cinnamon roasted squash:
- 1/2 to 1 cup squash or sweet potato
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp (or more) cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss peeled and chopped squash with oil, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Place on baking sheet and roast/bake for 20-25 minutes, or until squash is tender.
Vegan spring roll with ginger curry dipping sauce Optional protein: 4 ounces cultured tempeh or 1 ounce pistachios
Moroccan-style salad with chickpeas and quinoa (gluten free)
Greek cauliflower salad bowls (low carb, sugar free) Optional protein: Mix in 5 ounces cooked chicken breast or 2 hard boiled eggs
Option 7 Feel free to repeat any or use leftovers!
There are also vegan/vegetarian options for most of these recipes.
Pan Seared Salmon with Avocado Gremolata PLUS spinach side salad and/or 1 small to medium cooked sweet potato (season to taste)
Honey lime cilantro baked shrimp PLUS steamed quinoa, white rice (better on digestion) or cauliflower rice. (Portion size depends on your size/gender/age.)
Toasted pine nut and leek quinoa salad PLUS mix in 4 ounces protein of choice. (grass fed cooked beef, lamb, chicken, or smoked salmon)
Option 7 Feel free to repeat any or use leftovers!
SNACK and DRINK OPTIONS
Add to the meal or enjoy by themselves
Your turn! Print it out, fill it out, and plan it out! PDF HERE!
Anti-inflammatory diet kick start grocery list: (PDF and Printable list below)
A few other nutritional powerhouse foods for you to add to your meals and overall diet!
Magnesium Rich Foods (for better mood!)
- sunflower seeds
Probiotic Rich Foods
- Kefir yogurt
Again, keep in mind that this anti-inflammatory diet kick start is NOT one-size-fits-all. Please speak with your physician or a qualified nutritionist before starting the plan to determine what your caloric needs are.
Before we end! You can WIN! See what I did there? hehe.
Try out this Anti-inflammatory plan and win PRIZES!
If you follow cotter crunch on social media, email newsletter, or in our meal plan group, then you can most definitely win this prize. What is it you say? Its a set of these lovely glass meal prep containers below: Ello food storage containers! I am obsessed! And no, they did not pay for this. Im gushing about them because I truly love them and they make eating healthy EASIER!
- Post a meal youve made and tag us @cottercrunch and @elloproducts ! Mention youre doing the Anti-inflammatory 7 day plan; thats it! Then we will simply choose the person who posted the most. This can be on stories, Facebook, Instagram, or reply to me in an email or this post. EASY, right?
- Silicone sleeve protects glass and tabletops and provides a no-slip grip
- Glass doesnt leach, stain or smell
- Leak-proof lid with sealing snaps for on-the-go
- Oven and microwave safe without lid
- Dishwasher and freezer safe
Alrighty friends! Any questions? Feel free to email or comment below! Lets start this plan!